Submit your details here for your chance to win a pair of tickets to London Sinfonietta’s Landmarks Series.
Landmarks is a new concert series created and produced by the London Sinfonietta and Netia Jones/Lightmap, which explores how we can connect the key points in the landscape of modern music. Immersive concert experiences will seamlessly weave together live world-class performances by the London Sinfonietta and integrated film created by Netia Jones. This series will leave audiences inspired and informed about music that has had great influence on contemporary art and culture, yet is so little understood by a wider public.
In 1939 in Görlitz , Germany, Olivier Messiaen was marched into a Nazi concentration camp. In his jacket was a pocket score of Alban Berg’s Lyric Suite. While incarcerated in Stalag VIIIA prisoner-of-war camp he composed and gave the first performance of one of the most important and affecting chamber music compositions of the last 50 years, the Quartet for the End of Time.
Each concert will feature film showing the composer and which also explores their works. With the live music, the audiences will be engaged for up to 90 minutes, similar to a cinema experience. Post-concert discussions will add to a deeper understanding of some of the world’s most important composers and musical movements of the past 100 years.
Netia Jones / Lightmap, the co-curator and video artist of the series says:
‘Integrating film and visual media in live concert performances can both support and enhance the musical performance, offering up layers of meaning and reflection, and behaving as a navigational tool. By setting a work, or a composer, within a context, and mapping the links between extraordinary moments in composition, the landscape of modern music can be explored in an unexpected and exciting way, encouraging a new audience to feel more informed, and an experienced audience to have a fresh approach to these extraordinary works. It is exhilarating to be collaborating with a group as ambitious and expert as the London Sinfonietta on this series.’
London Sinfonietta are providing a pair of tickets for three winners to attend a night of visuals to music by Messiaen on Friday 23 November 2012 at Queen Elizabeth Hall, London. This concert is part of the orchestra’s new series, Landmarks.
In order to have a chance of winning, please answer the question and submit your details here.
Question: Who is London Sinfonietta working with on this series?
A) Bridget Jones
B) Netia Jones
C) Katherine Zeta Jones
Prize: A pair of tickets for three winners to the London Sinfonietta’s Landmark Series at Queen Elizabeth Hall, London on Friday 23 November 2012.
You must be 18 or over to enter this competition. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
This competition is not open to employees and their immediate families of Sinfini Music, London Sinfonietta or its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
Opening time for entries is 09:00 GMT on Tuesday 13 November 2012 and the competition closes at 09:00 GMT on Monday 19 November 2012.
The winners will be selected at random from all valid and correct entries.
The prize winners will be contacted by email on Monday 19 November 2012.
The winners will have until 09:00 GMT Tuesday 20 November 2012 to respond, should no response be received, we reserve the right to select another winner at random.
Full details of the event will be sent to the winner via email but can also be found at http://www.londonsinfonietta.org.uk/event/olivier-messiaen-quartet-end-time.
Tickets can be collected from the London Sinfonietta desk in the Queen Elizabeth Hall foyer at 19:00 GMT on the night of the event.
Entrants are limited to one entry only; multiple entries will be counted as one.
Entry into this competition is via this online web form. We will not accept entries via post, telephone or email.
All costs arising from the acceptance of prizes will be the responsibility of the recipient.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Universal Music Group International Limited will provide two tickets for three winners to the Landmark Series by London Sinfonietta concert held at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Friday 23 November 2012 (“Event”). (Estimated total cash value of the prize is £30)
Entrants must be able to travel to London, United Kingdom between 23 and 24 November 2012. The tickets are not transferable and have no cash value. This prize is non-negotiable, non-refundable and does not include transport, accommodation, insurance or ground transfers. The winner and person accompanying the winner are solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and any expenses or costs not specified in the prize description.
How To Enter:
To be eligible to win a pair of tickets. The use of a bogus name or email address will disqualify an entrant.
Opening Time for entries is 09:00 GMT on Tuesday 13 November 2012.
Closing Time for all entries is 09:00 GMT on Monday 19 November 2012.
The promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize.
1. The competition is open to all entrants resident in the United Kingdom. All entrants and the person accompanying the winner must be at least 18 years of age or over. Employees of Universal Music Group International Limited and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition are not eligible to enter this competition.
2. By submitting an entry, entrants warrant that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. No purchase is necessary but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. There is a limit of one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be void.
5. Universal Music Group International Limited will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. Universal Music Group International Limited takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Further, Universal Music Group International Limited will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
6. By entering, participants, and the winner and person accompanying the winner agree to release and hold harmless Universal Music Group International Limited, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any damage, injury, loss, claim, action, demand or other liability that may arise from their acceptance and/or use of prize or their participation in this competition, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded.
7. Universal Music Group International Limited reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold the prize for violating any of these Terms and Conditions.
8. The venue where the concert is being held (“Venue”) may impose its own conditions of entry to the Venue and may refuse entry in its own discretion. Universal Music Group International Limited is not responsible for any refusal of entry made by the Venue.
9. The winner and the person accompanying the winner must carry valid photo identification with them at all times during the Event.
10. Where all or part of the Event is cancelled, rescheduled or varied for any reason, Universal Music Group International Limited may, at its own discretion, offer the winner tickets to an alternative event.
11. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
12. The prize value set out above is the maximum value estimate only and Universal Music Group International Limited shall be under no obligation to provide a prize to the exact value stated or to reimburse the prize winner where the prize is less than the estimated value.
13. On Monday 19 November 2012 after the competition closes, the winning entry will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The winner’s name will be published on the website and the winner will be notified by e-mail no later than Monday 19 November 2012. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time on the email address supplied to Universal Music Group International Limited with the entry, Universal Music Group International Limited reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry from all eligible entries received.
16. The judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Universal Music Group International Limited reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering the prize) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Universal Music Group International Limited’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their employees or agents’ negligence or for fraud.
20. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then they shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
21. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law.
22. The promoter of this competition is Universal Music Group International Limited, a company registered in England with number 0950138 whose registered office is at 364-366 Kensington High Street, London, W14 8NS, United Kingdom.