The Night Shift, brought to you by the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment since 2006, is a unique classical night, putting the music in an entirely different context – late-night, laid back and contemporary in atmosphere. It is an hour-long classical concert but boasts other performances and live DJs throughout the evening.
The OAE is offering a prize of two pairs of tickets for The Night Shift at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, London, on Thursday 22 November, 2012. The winners will also receive a box of Lindt chocolate and a free drink.
To enter, all you need to do is answer the question below, fill out and submit the form, and keep your fingers crossed!
Question: What year did The Night Shift first start?
Fill out and submit the form here.
- One pair of tickets to The Night Shift at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Thursday 22 November 2012, to be collected from the welcome desk next to the box office.
- You will both receive one free box of Lindt chocolate each.
- You will both receive a ticket for one free bottle of beer/glass of house wine/soft drink each from the student bar. You will be shown to the student bar after collecting your tickets from the welcome desk. Serving alcoholic drinks is at the discretion of the venue. The winner and guest will need to show a valid driving licence or passport as proof of age.
- You must be 18 or over to enter this competition. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, and will need to show confirmation of the competition when entering the venue, which will be supplied by Sinfini Music.
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
- This competition is not open to employees and their immediate families of Sinfini Music, Universal Music or its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
- Opening time for entries is 09:00 GMT on Monday 22 October 2012 and the competition closes on Thursday 15 November 2012, 09:00 GMT.
- One winner will be selected at random from all valid and correct entries.
- The prize winner will be contacted via email on Thursday 15 November 2012.
- Full details of the event will be sent to the winner via email but can also be found here on the OAE’s website.
- The winners will have until Monday 19 November 2012 at 09:00 GMT to respond, should no response be received, we reserve the right to select another winner at random.
- Entry into this competition is via the online entry form only. We will not accept entries via post, telephone or email.
- All costs arising from the acceptance of prizes will be the responsibility of the recipient.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Universal Music Group International Limited will provide two pairs of tickets to The Night Shift concert held in Queen Elizabeth Hall on Thursday 22 November 2012 (“Event”).
Entrants must be able to travel to London, United Kingdom between 22 and 23 November 2012. The tickets are not transferable and have no cash value. This prize is non-negotiable, non-refundable and does not include transport, accommodation, insurance or ground transfers. The winner and person accompanying the winner are solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and any expenses or costs not specified in the prize description.]
How To Enter:
To be eligible to win a pair of tickets to The Night Shift. The use of a bogus name or email address will disqualify an entrant.
Opening Time for entries is 09:00 GMT on Monday 22 October 2012.
Closing Time for all entries is 09:00 GMT on Thursday 15 November 2012.
The promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize.
1. The competition is open to all entrants resident in the UK. All entrants[and the person accompanying the winner must be at least 18 years of age or over. Employees of Universal Music Group International Limited and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition are not eligible to enter this competition.
2. By submitting an entry, entrants warrant that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. No purchase is necessary but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. There is a limit of one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be void.
5. Universal Music Group International Limited will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. Universal Music Group International Limited takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Further, Universal Music Group International Limited will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition.
6. By entering, participants, and the winner and person accompanying the winner agree to release and hold harmless Universal Music Group International Limited, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any damage, injury, loss, claim, action, demand or other liability that may arise from their acceptance and/or use of prize or their participation in this competition, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded.
7. Universal Music Group International Limited reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold the prize for violating any of these Terms and Conditions.
8. The venue where the concert is being held (“Venue”) may impose its own conditions of entry to the Venue and may refuse entry in its own discretion. Universal Music Group International Limited is not responsible for any refusal of entry made by the Venue.
9. The winner and the person accompanying the winner must carry valid photo identification with them at all times during the Event.
10. Where all or part of the Event is cancelled, rescheduled or varied for any reason, Universal Music Group International Limited may, at its own discretion, offer the winner tickets to an alternative event.
11. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
12. The prize value set out above is the maximum value estimate only and Universal Music Group International Limited shall be under no obligation to provide a prize to the exact value stated or to reimburse the prize winner where the prize is less than the estimated value.
13. On Thursday 15th November 2012 after the competition closes, the winning entry will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The winner’s name will be published on the website and the winner will be notified by e-mail no later than Monday 19 November 2012. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time on the email address supplied to Universal Music Group International Limited with the entry, Universal Music Group International Limited reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry from all eligible entries received.
16. The judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Universal Music Group International Limited reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering the prize) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Universal Music Group International Limited’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their employees or agents’ negligence or for fraud.
20. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then they shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
21. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law.
22. The promoter of this competition is Universal Music Group International Limited, a company registered in England with number 0950138 whose registered office is at 364-366 Kensington High Street, London, W14 8NS, United Kingdom.